When we came to this world, there was no instruction manual on how to live a happy life. But if we think about it for a moment, we’ll realize that we don’t really need one. Life can be much simpler than we think it is, and the only thing we need to do to be happy is to remember these rules.
- Before your say something bad, think about those who can’t talk.
- Before you complain about the taste or variety of your food, remember there are starving people in the world.
- Before you yell at your partner, think of how lonely some people feel as they go to sleep in an empty bed.
- Before you complain about the state of things today, think about all the people who never got the chance to see this day.
- Before you get upset because the house is messy, remember that there are people who don’t have a roof over their head.
- Before you let traffic and long commutes irritate you, think about how fortunate you are to have a job and a car.
- Before you point an accusing finger at someone, remember that you’re not perfect and you make mistakes too.
- Before you let a depressing thought ruin your mood, put a smile on your face and be thankful you’re alive.
Happiness is not the absence of problems, but the strength to deal with them.