- Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
- Never spend your money before you have it.
- Never buy what you do not want or need because it is cheap.
- Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold.
- We seldom repent having eaten too little.
- Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.
- How much pain the evils have cost us that have never happened?
- Take things always by the smooth handle.
- When angry, count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to a hundred.
– Thomas Jefferson