1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Then prioritize the day accordingly and doesn’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task will be done faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend 10 minutes getting away from the desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress. You’ll find successful entrepreneurs in the gym most mornings.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness, keep a gratitude journal. Every morning, write out at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on 10 things you’re grateful for.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Ask yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?” So… what went well today? How can you do more of it?
Source: Fast Company